Get là một trong những động từ tiếng Anh mang nhiều nghĩa nhất. Xin giới thiệu một số nghĩa, cách dùng và ví dụ minh họa của động từ Get.

Dạng của động từ: get, got, got (Anh - Anh) hoặc gotten (Anh - Mỹ)

Nghĩa 1: đạt được, giành được, thu được
Ví dụ: We stopped at a cafe to get some breakfast.
Where did you get your radio from?

Nghĩa 2: mua
Ví dụ: He went to the shop to get some milk.
How many apples can you get for £1?

Nghĩa 3: kiếm tiền
Ví dụ: I think he gets about twenty thousand pounds a year in his job.
How much do you get per week as a teacher?

Nghĩa 4: nhận được cái gì đó:
Ví dụ: I got quite a surprise when I saw her with short hair.
When did you get the news about Peter?

Nghĩa 5: trở thành, trở nên, bắt đầu trở nên
Ví dụ: My English is getting better because I am studying harder.
Your coffee's getting cold.

Nghĩa 6: bị ốm ( do bệnh tật, vi rút...)
Ví dụ: I got food poisoning after eating oysters.
He got the flu and had to take time off work.

Nghĩa 7: đi tìm, đi lấy cái gì đó đem về
Ví dụ: My English dictionary is in the other room. I'll just go and get it.
Can I get you a drink?

Nghĩa 8: bắt giữ
Ví dụ: Have the police got the man who did it yet?
Your cat got a bird this morning!

Nghĩa 9: làm cho cái gì đó xảy ra.
Ví dụ: She had to get the children ready for school.
I'm trying to get this homework finished for Thursday.
Have you got the photocopier working yet?

Nghĩa 10: thuyết phục ai làm gì.
Ví dụ: Why don't you get Nicole to come to the party?
I'm trying to get my boss to give me the day off tomorrow.

Nghĩa 11: làm điều gì đó tình cờ, ngẫu nhiên, không có chủ ý.
Ví dụ: He got his bag caught in the train doors as they were closing.
I always get the two youngest sisters' names confused.

Nghĩa 12: đôi khi chúng ta có thể dùng 'get' thay cho 'be' để tạo thành dạng bị động của động từ.
Ví dụ: I got shouted at by some idiot for walking past his house.
The window got broken in the storm.

Nghĩa 13: hiểu hoặc nghe thấy
Ví dụ: I didn't get what she said because the room was so noisy.
He told me a joke, but I didn’t get it.

Nghĩa 14: di chuyển tới nơi khác, vị trí khác
Ví dụ: I hit my knee as I was getting out of the taxi.
Getting up the ladder was easy enough - it was getting down that was the problem.

Nghĩa 15: đi bằng tàu, xe buýt hoặc các phương tiện giao thông khác
Ví dụ: Shall we get a bus to the party?

Nghĩa 16: làm ai đó bực mình
Ví dụ: It really gets me the way we have to work at weekends!

Nghĩa 17: làm xúc động mạnh
Ví dụ: That part of the movie when he learns that his wife is still alive - that always gets me!

Nghĩa 18: đánh ai đó
Ví dụ: The bullet got him in the arm.
Someone threw a stone and it got me on the head.

Nghĩa 19: tới một địa điểm nhất định
Ví dụ: He had not even got as far as Cardiff when his car broke down.
What time do you usually get home in the evening?
I got to work half an hour late this morning.

Nghĩa 20: tới một giai đoạn, điều kiện, thời điểm nào đó
Ví dụ: It got to Friday evening and there was still no sign of the workload getting easier.
I'm getting to the stage now where I just want to speak English fluently.

Nghĩa 21: có cơ hội làm một điều gì đó
Ví dụ: I never get to see them now that they have moved to Italy.
It was so amazing to get to meet David Beckham!


Phrasal verb – Động ngữ: Get on

Nghĩa 1: có mối quan hệ tốt
Ví dụ: We're getting on much better now that we don't live together.
He doesn't get on with his daughter.

Nghĩa 2: xử lý, giải quyết thành công.
Ví dụ: How are you getting on in your new flat?
We're getting on quite well with the decorating.

Nghĩa 3: tiếp tục làm gì đó, đặc biệt trong công việc
Ví dụ: I suppose I could get on with my work while I'm waiting.
I'll leave you to get on then, shall I?

Nghĩa 4: to be getting on = to be getting old (đang già đi)
Ví dụ: He's getting on (a bit) - he'll be seventy-six next birthday.

Nghĩa 5: đang bị muộn giờ
Ví dụ: It's getting on - we'd better be going.

Categories:

Leave a Reply